Sunday, April 29, 2018

30-Minute Meal: Zucchini, Tomato and Leftover Quinoa

I cooked more quinoa than I could consume yesterday evening and decided to toss it into my 30-minute-ready lunch today. In fact, it was ready in less than 30 minutes.

I like to start by toasting sliced zucchinis in a heated pan to evaporate the water. I used to heat up the oil first but realized that adding oil later will prevent splashing hot oil! We like that! Then I decided to cut my retirement-age tomatoes into halves and toss them in. Add all kinds of your favorite spices (YFS), which mine include Slap Ya Mama Cajun spice, parsley, garlic powder (probably best to use fresh garlic) and lots of pepper. Then, this is when the magic happens. Cover the pan and lower the heat a notch. Let the mixture mingle and get to know each other. Covering the pan is key because the hot steam is doing all the work. If it looks dry, add some water to it and cover it back up. Toss in the leftover quinoa, add more spices, stir, and in a few more minutes, it is ready for consumption. Pow wow.

No comments: