Monday, August 2, 2010

Live life to the fullest.

Sometimes I forget, but that is why I subscribe to Jim Rohn's newsletters. He asks the question: what constitutes a good life? Here are a few things he mentioned:

  • Productivity. I used to say that you are remembered for what you did, not what you don't do. And Jim answered "You won't be happy if you don't produce." That may explain why I feel a sense of serenity only after I spend hours at the microscope, cleaning the toilets, doing the laundry. Petty things, but I did something; I am living life.
  • Good friends. This 0ne is a no-brainer. "Friendship is probably the greatest support system in the world." And, "Friends are those wonderful people who know all about you and still like you." At the end of the day, whether I laughed or fought with my friends, I feel content. After all, we humans are social animals.
  • Culture. Totally agree with this one. It simply makes life richer.
  • Don't miss anything. He said his parents taught him this -- "Don't miss the game. Don't miss the performance, don't miss the movie, don't miss the show, don't miss the dance. Go to everything you possibly can. Buy a ticket to everything you possibly can. Go see everything and experience all you possibly can." Hey! Maybe I was friends with his parents in my previous life.
  • Family and the inner circle. Even though I tend to forget, family is one of the most important, if not the most, aspects in life. I for one tend to get self-absorbed, thinking that I am too busy. But heck, it only takes a few minutes to call granny, parents and you, my friend. :) That's why I got Jim to remind me.
Since we can choose, why not live a vital life. Right?
Oh, don't forget to eat well too. :)

No comments: